Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hellufa Road Trip (CRH)



COIN ROLL HUNTING

This post is dedicated to coin roll hunting only since there is so much to report for the past week. I received my final bag of Ikes and though it was the worst of the three, it did reveal a nice 1973 silver proof.

The real goodies came from my road trip to some banks about 30 minutes away in Issaquah. I hit up about 6 banks, asking to purchase all their half dollars and customer rolled coins. One bank in particular dumped about $350.00 in customer rolled coins - I think they dumped everything they had on me. It was a good mix of pennies, nickels, and dimes. I also picked up about $500.00 in halves.

The halves yielded a good 7 silvers including a 1954 Benjamin, and a nice 1978 proof, but the best stuff came from the penny and nickel rolls. The nickels revealed my first two Buffalos (though in bad shape) and a nice 1980 S proof. Along with a goodly amount of Wheaties, the pennies revealed my second Indian Head penny found through coin roll hunting.

The best though was the ten (10), YES 10, penny rolls FULL of wheat pennies. That's 500 wheat pennies - more than double my existing collection in one haul. Obviously someone decided they no longer wanted to hold on to them and simply deposited them at the bank. The rolls had a face value of $5.00, but their collector value is at LEAST $45.00 assuming there are no key dates and all the pennies are the lowest grade (which they aren't).

Needless to say this is easily the best coin roll hunting weekend yet.

The Proof(s):




The Indian:




Benjamin:




The Buffalos:






The Pile of Wheat:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool, you found some nice coins. Yhe thrill of the hunt, eh?

Sakira said...


its really awesome try more , coinflation gold and silver app