Monday, May 5, 2008

Ok, so I overestimated a bit ...



COIN ROLL HUNTING

Received another $1000 bag of Ikes this week and oddly enough, again found two American Eagle silver dollars and two 40% silver 1971 Ikes. Still no Peace or Morgan dollars, but I have another bag coming in tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers. Not that I'm complaining ...

My luck with half-dollars has been less that stellar over the past few weeks. My estimate is that after searching through around $6000 in boxes (that's 12 boxes), I've found at most about 10 silver halves. That's pretty crappy luck, but ever crappy box brings me one box closer to a real winner

Regarding this post's title, the first of my eBay auctions of the Ike dollars finished up this weekend and my estimates on profit were a little be higher (ok way higher) than what was realized. Here's the breakdown:

Total Ikes Sold on eBay: 625
Total Cost: $625.00 (from the bank)
Total Sale Price: $727.28
Total eBay Fees: $28.69
Total Shipping Cost: $27.85

Net Profit: 45.74

Not awful, but certainly not 160% of the cost. Considering the amount of time I spent counting, packing, and shipping them - along with the gas burned to-and-from the USPS office, I'm thinking I'll just haul them into my local bank instead and just get face value ...



METAL DETECTING

Still haven't received my metal detector back from the lab yet, so no metal detecting updates..



OTHER STUFF

Erin came down with something on Friday night so she was horizontal for most the weekend. As for me, I've starting playing a new PC game a friend introduced me to called Mythos by Flagship Studios. It's currently in pre-release (beta) stage so it's not available to the public, but I was able to get access to it through a mutual friend who is a software developer currently working on the game. It's a pretty fun hack-and-slash role-playing game, similar to Diablo 2 and designed / written but many of the folks who were part of the original Diablo development team at Blizzard Entertainment.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$45...hmmm what is your hourly rate at work?