Thursday, January 31, 2008

Old lumbermill finds...

A couple weeks ago I took a trip out to the location of one of the two original lumber mills in the Redmond area. The mill was constructed around the turn of the century and burned down in 1916. A few of the foundational pieces still remain and you can find scattered and burnt bricks all over.

During my visit I discovered a few larger ironworks, one of which was dated 1898 and stamped with what I can only presume was the city of the steel mill it originated from in Illinois. I called the Redmond parks department and they were very interested in the finds. Just last week they sent someone out to inspect and he took this photograph of the pieces I had discovered with my metal detector and laid out a large slap of foundation.

No comments: