Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sucky MDing

While the weather was gorgeous this weekend with a high near 80 on Saturday, the metal detecting adventures were far from thrilling. Both days I hit up West Seattle and Marymoor Park and both days turned up little more than decent amount of copper pennies and some other modern quarters and dimes. During both days, I only found one wheat pennie - a record low for me. I did find the usual sort of interesting items, but I haven't had the chance to photograph them, so I'll post those later.

The coin roll hunting side of my adventures was quite a bit more lucrative. I began my Saturday hitting up a bunch of banks on the west side and pulled in about $250 in half rolls, two boxes of pennies, and a box of nickels. The half rolls yielded 16 40% silver halves (1965 - 1970) - more than doubling my previous amount and one roll in particular was more than half full of the silver goodness. The first of my penny boxes was equally rewarding, yielding a record 29 Wheaties - my previous record for a box having been 6! All of them were between '40 and '59, so no key dates, but nice none-the-less.

Not much else on my end outside of hunting. Perhaps Erin will bless us with her presence on here again at some point, but until then, I'm afraid you're stuck with boring ol' me.

Everyone be sure to wish a Happy Birthday to Erin's Dad, Bob Siek!

No comments: