Saturday, April 5, 2008

We're Back - Post 1 of 3

Finally back from our trip to Ecuador and Peru, with visits to the famed Macchu Pichu and Galapagos Island. Our entire trip was most excellent and beyond both Erin and I's expectation. So much so in fact that I was afraid Erin was going to leave me for our yacht's captain and spend the rest of her life sailing and visiting the Galapagos Islands!

Luckily she soon came to her senses after realizing what a stud I was and how she couldn't live without me and so she sadly bid the islands, Adieu!

Though we have hundreds (perhaps over a thousand?) photos and some videos, I've selected only a few of the more interesting ones to post on the blog.

From Top to Bottom, Left to Right:

1. Erin and Jason dining for lunch at a hacienda in Ecuador.
2. Ted and Jason standing in front of some of the larger stones at Sacsay Huaman ("Sexy Woman") Incan Ruins just outside of Cusco, Peru. Note how well the stones are made to fit together without mortar.
3. One of the homes we stopped at in the Sacred Valley had their meals, wheeling around the floor of their home. Yes, they're Guinea Pigs - a traditional Peruvian dish!
4. Outside in the garden of the hacienda from photo 1.
5. A Galapagos seal lion flirting with Erin underwater.
6. Our yacht, the Sagitta ("Sa - Gee - Ta").
7. Erin hanging with her friends.
8. The famous Galapagos reptiliphibian swimming iguanas - and plenty of em'!
9. The famous Galapagos blue-footed Boobie (I said boobie!) and its youngin'.
10. A Galapagos land iguana attempting to mate with Erin.
11. Dried and preserved Alpaca fetuses (fetii?) being sold for witch doctor / shaman usage.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pictures are great...and yes erin did make a wise choice, but, the iguana was pretty cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Nice to have you back blogging.. I have started looking through my coins too... We really enjoyed the rye bread....very funny dog. Love to all of you