Saturday, April 5, 2008

We're Back Post 3 of 3

...and finally as indicated previously in my blog I've started the side hobby of Coin Roll Hunting to placate my coin collecting desires during the times I can't metal detect. I've done quite a bit of it since my last posting and I estimate I've probably looked through around $150 in pennies, $300 in nickels, $100 in dimes, and $1500 in halves. I've been able to find a decent amount of XF (extra-fine) and AU (about-uncirculated) grade coins to start filling in collection books and quite a few rare keepers including:

(13) 40% Silver Halves (9 pictured below). As of today are worth $2.62 in silver metal value.
(1) 1998 Wide AM Error Penny (reverse minted with proof strike instead of business strike) valued at $5.00
(1) Circulated Proof 1968S Nickel (someone took it out of a proof set and put it into circulation) valued at $0.50
(1) 1893 Indian Head penny in VG (very good) grade condition valued at $2.50.
(53) Ike Dollars (little premium over face value now, but hard to find and worth keeping)

No comments: