Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Merc

This morning I stopped by an abandoned tavern (red pictured building) in downtown Redmond that the city purchased and will be tearing down soon. This tavern has been around since the 30's and is named after the King county workshops that used to be nearby. I was hoping to get some real winners, but unfortunately it turns out most of the area is literally a dump with everything covered in beer bottles, gravel, and pavement. There may have been SOMETHING in there, but it wasn't worth the time.

I headed out to my new metal detecting home, West Seattle, and worked another new area in the older residential district I've been hitting up since I started. The houses pictured are the ones where I found most of my goodies, including the Mercury dime and the sterling silver ring. The dime was the first Mercury I have ever found or seen in person (minted between 1916 - 1945 prior to the Roosevelt and after the Barber). The ring with the blue stone is sterling silver and my guess is the stone is fake, but I'm not sure.

Also picture is a 8 ounce lead weight (I'm assuming for fishing), a very small thimble like object, a yellow pin with what looks like a sketch of a fish, and a odd marble like object.

Coin totals for the day:

(7) Modern Pennies
(33) Copper Pennies
(10) Wheat Pennies
(4) Modern Quarters
(4) Modern Dimes
(1) Mercury Dime
(3) Modern Nickels


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M GUESSING THAT YOU'LL BE LOOKING FOR SMALL SAFE.
DOES THE YELLOW PIN APPEAR TO BE ORIENTAL ?