Monday, February 11, 2008

2/10/08 - MDing and a trip to Alki Beach

Another trip on Sunday to West Seattle, but no silver like Saturday. Also turned out to be a shorter trip as I got out later and met up with Erin and Caity for lunch at Alki beach. Caity wasn't feeling too well so we had to cut the trip short of actually heading out on the beach. It was cold and windy so it wouldn't have been that pleasant of a stroll anyway. Sorry no photos again - one day I'll remember to bring the camera!

Anyway, here is the coin finds summary for the day:

(3) Modern pennies
(10) Copper pennies
(3) Modern Quarters
(1) Modern Nickel
(9) Modern Dimes
(5) Wheat Pennies (no key dates)

I'm not sure what the large iron fastener is, but the top rib has the visible letters, "SHERMAN MEG CO|", and the bottom rib has the visible letters, "-APLY PAT JUNE 20-93". There may have been a letter or two before the "S" in SHERMAN and before the "-" in Aply (or perhaps it wasn't a -). 10 points for anyone who can identify what it is!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me...I am new at this blogging thing, I posted this message under First Post in January...I may need instruction on where to leave my comments...lol so I pasted my comment again on this page...


franee44 said...
Jason I would love to see a video of the Siek Sisters Rock Band....I am sure it was quite entertaining...Just wondering how the infirmary was doing in Redmond...?! I know you are going to find the big GEM soon..... I hear that Rye bread and Bananna bread have been on nursing duty during the day....gotta love those two....happy hunting...

Anonymous said...

thanks for taking care of the ill Jason =)

Anonymous said...

how is caity??

Anonymous said...

not how, but who is caity?

Unknown said...

J
Must have done something incorrect on my last comment because I don't see it posted. Don't give up we will all get it down eventually.
Some great finds (except for the GIANT, go for knees.)
I'm looking forward to my next adventure with your new detector. Don't worry nothing to soon. With all the company you two have had lately you'd be able to detect metal in my head. Nanna will be proud of your for that Indian head penny, And am I correct that the bone grips are from an old boy scout knife?
I have ALMOST exhasted all leads on the clasp/fastener so if you solve it let me know?